Treasure Coast Section
New Urbanism and Abacoa Town Center Presentation & Walking Tour
Please join the CNU of the Palm Beaches and its sponsors at 6 pm on Nov. 6, 2019, for a presentation and walking tour entitled New Urbanism and Abacoa Town Center.
We will feature speakers Josh Simon of FLF Holdings and John Sickler and Stephanie Thorburn of the Town of Jupiter for a discussion of the New Urbanist concepts and the landscape design involved in the planning of Abacoa Town Center.
Light food including pizza and cheese boards, and non-alcoholic drinks will be served to all in attendance. One free drink will be provided at Stadium Grill to the first 30 individuals to RSVP.
The event will be held in FAU campus room AD 103, located at 5353 Parkside Drive. In case of rain, the event shall be held within the FAU campus room. Free parking is available at the Abacoa Town Center. Paid parking is available at the FAU visitor lot.
APA CM credits pending.
This is an official CNU Florida Event, led by the CNU of the Palm Beaches. Sponsors and partners include FAU SURP, FAU Planning Society, FLF Holdings and APA Florida Treasure Coast Section.
13th Annual Ethics Seminar Registration Now Open
13th ANNUAL ETHICS SEMINAR
BUILDING AN ETHICAL REPUTATION
Friday, Nov. 1, 2019 | 7:30 am - 4:35 pm
The Fieldhouse at Old School Square
51 N. Swinton | Delray Beach, FL 33444
Doors open at 7:30 am for registration, networking and continental breakfast.
Program begins promptly at 8 am.
SESSIONS WILL EXPLORE:
- Impacts of Evolutionary Instincts on Ethical Conduct
- What’s New in Public Corruption and Ethics
- Post Construction Ethics
- How Do You Get Your Facts?
- Constitutional Amendment 12 and the Evolving Ethics Rules
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Thomas J. Baird, Esq., AICP, Jones Foster and Town Attorney, Towns of Jupiter and Lake Park
- Seth C. Behn, Esq., AICP, Lewis, Longman and Walker, PA, West Palm Beach
- Dave Biggs, Chief Engagement Officer, MetroQuest, Vancover, Canada
- Peter L. Cruise, Ph.D., Executive Director, LeRoy Collins Public Ethics Academy, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton
- Walter H. Keller, PE, AICP, President, Walter H. Keller, Inc., Stuart
- Terry E. Lewis, Esq., Shareholder, Lewis, Longman and Walker, PA West Palm Beach
- Marilyn Mammano, AICP, Professional Development Officer, APA Florida Broward Section
- Nicholas Mihelich, PLA, ASLA, Urban Design Kilday Studio, West Palm Beach
- Burnadette Norris-Weeks, Esq., Partner,Austin Pamies Noriris Weeks, LLC, Fort Lauderdale
- Frank S. Palen, Esq., AICP, Partner, Caldwell Pacetti Edwards Schoech & Viator LLP, WPB
- Joe Petrick, President, Code Enforcement Officers Association of Palm Beach County, WPB
- Randi L. Sims, Ph.D., H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreurship, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale
- Dr. Ben Sorensen, Commissioner, District 4, City of Fort Lauderdale City Commission Merrett R. Stierheim, Chair, Advisory Board, LeRoy Collins Public Ethics Academy, FAU
- Shawn Aric Williams, UrbnPlanr Blog, Fort Lauderdale
- Todd Wodraska, Mayor, Town of Jupiter and President, Special District Services, Inc.
PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION CREDITS APPLIED FOR:
American Institute of Certified Planners
- Morning Session:3.25 AICP CM Credits approved, including 1.5 AICP CM Credits each in Law & Ethics
- Afternoon Session:3.74 AICP CM Credits approved, including 1.5 AICP CM Credits each in Law & Ethics
Florida Association of Code Enforcement
- Morning Session:3.25 CEUs approved
- Afternoon Session: 3.75 CEUs approved
Florida Board of Landscape Architecture
Florida City & County Management Association
The Florida Bar
$75 through Oct. 25 | $85 through Oct. 30 | $95 Oct. 31 & Nov. 1
Continental breakfast, lunch, snacks, beverages and seminar materials included.
To register/pay online, click on https://conta.cc/2nbPawm
4th Annual Planning Officials Training Workshop
Are you an appointed advisory board member, elected official, or an employee of a local government that is eager to learn more about making local planning, zoning, and related recommendations or decisions? If so, then this one-day workshop, organized by the Treasure Coast Section of the Florida Chapter, American Planning Association, is tailored just for you!
Join us on Oct. 4.