Atlantic Coast Section
2023 Low Impact Development Conference Oct. 19-20
Florida communities must reduce the amount of polluted stormwater entering coastal estuaries, especially the Indian River Lagoon. Low Impact Development (LID) and Green Infrastructure (GI) represent the most progressive trends in stormwater management to protect water quality and reduce flooding.
MRC’s Low Impact Development Conferences cover the full range of LID/GI tools, from comprehensive land-use planning and manual creation to engineered design and construction of green roofs, infiltration devices, cisterns, and bioretention areas. Experts share case studies that demonstrate cost-effective means to set and meet pollution load reductions, recharge groundwater aquifers, and prevent flooding.
Conference Benefits & Continued Education Credits
- A two-day learning experience
- Earn Continuing Education Credits approved by the Florida Board of Professional Engineers and the Florida Nursery, Growers and Landscape Association
- Network with industry leaders and make valuable contacts
- Connect with exhibitors showcasing state-of-the-art products, services, and solutions
- Complimentary continental breakfast (8 a.m.), lunch, and beverage service
- Complimentary Happy Hour Reception with live music on Thursday, Oct. 19, 2023
Presenters & Guest Speakers
- Martin Wanielista, Ph.D., P.E., Professor Emeritus, College of Engineering & Computer Science, University of Central Florida
- Peter Singhofen, P.E., Founder & C.T.O., Streamline Technologies
- Eban Z. Bean, Ph.D., P.E., Assistant Professor & Extension Specialist, Agricultural and Biological Engineering Department, University of Florida
- Chris Bogdan, Business Development Manager, Ferguson Waterworks
- Evan Shane Williams, Ph.D., P.E., Stormwater Engineer, Alachua County Environmental Protection Department
- Jessica Bruso, Urban Green Infrastructure BMP Specialist, Ferguson Waterwork
- More TBA
- Modeling integrated with pollution control and water quality
- Turn Gray to Green with BMP TRAINS and Martin P. Wanielista, Ph.D., P.E.
- Go Gray to Green with ICPR4 and Peter Singhofen, P.E., Founder & C.T.O., Streamline Technologies
- BMP Selection course with Eban Z. Bean, PhD, PE, Assistant Professor & Extension Specialist, Agricultural and Biological Engineering Department, University of Florida
- Build a Better Florida with Green Infrastructure and Chris Bogdan, Business Development Manager, Ferguson Waterworks
- Update codes and regulations to allow for LID & GI with Eban Z. Bean, Ph.D., P.E., Assistant Professor & Extension Specialist, Agricultural and Biological Engineering Department, University of Florida ~Featuring Code Audit Tool Update!
- Learn what grants and funding are available
- Calculate the real deal with maintenance and costs
- What you need to be successful survey
- Open panel discussion
- More TBA
Add to the program!
We dare you to contact event management to inquire about presenting your ground-breaking and cutting-edge expertise at the conference.
Click here for the latest event Agenda. (Just kidding. The agenda link is Not available yet; please stay tuned!)
All attendees | $265 + $19.62 Eventbrite Processing Fees
Fees include general admission, continental breakfast & lunch, with Happy Hour Reception on Thursday, Oct. 19, 2023.
A confirmation email from Eventbrite will be sent to all registrants before the conference.
The conference is valued at over $650 per attendee. However, the MRC is pleased to offer this opportunity at a discount, thanks to sponsor support and charitable gifts. For more information on the Marine Resources Council, please visit LoveTheIRL.org.