November 2021 AICP Certification Exam Diversity Scholarship
Deadline: May 17, 2021
The American Planning Association is committed to providing opportunities for all to achieve excellence in planning by fostering equity, diversity, and inclusion in the organization and in the planning profession.
AICP scholarships help make the planning profession more diverse and accessible to those with financial need. Diversity is an inclusive concept which encompasses, but is not limited to race, ethnicity, class, gender, age sexuality, ability, educational attainment, spiritual beliefs, creed, culture, tribal affiliation, nationality, immigration status,, political beliefs, and veteran status.
- Members who qualify should submit a brief letter describing how they identify with any of the diverse populations listed above, and demonstrate your financial need and why you would be unlikely to take the exam without the reduced fee.
- Emails are due by May 17, 2021 to APA Florida Chapter Professional Development Officer (PDO) Henry Bittaker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Selections will be made by the Florida PDO and submitted to AICP Staff by May 28, 2021.
- If selected, AICP staff will send a confirmation email to the scholarship recipient that includes instructions on how to apply the scholarship code at checkout.
- Approved AICP applicants: $75 (exam fee only). Regular fee is $425.
- All applicants pay the $70 application fee.
- Previously approved AICP applicants receive the rate of $75 (exam fee only).
This scholarship is awarded with the intention to diversify the planning profession. Professional Development Officers (PDO) select individuals who self-identify with the underrepresented populations identified above through the process described below. The scholarship recipient selection rests with the PDO and is final and remains strictly confidential.
The Florida Chapter has one (1) remaining scholarship. The Diversity Scholarship is for the November 2021 testing window.
Please note that the awarding of a scholarship does not guarantee essay approval or a passing exam score.