AICP Exam & Preparation
NEW AICP EXAM APPLICATION PROCESS
For the May 2022 AICP exam, APA is implementing a new application process for the exam. This affects all test takers (i.e. “One Path to AICP”); the Candidate application process has been phased out. All planners taking the exam will now submit their education and work experience after taking the exam, and no longer are there three required essays as part of the application process. The exam costs reflect these changes, and taking the exam now costs less for those planners that end up taking the exam multiple times.
November 2022 AICP Certification Cycle Dates
Registration: October 3-28, 2022
- November exam testing window: November 1-30
May 2022 AICP STUDY GROUP
The Treasure Coast AICP Study Group begins January 13 and will run until late April/early May. Planners wishing to participate need to contact Henry Bittaker at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide their APA member number and state APA Chapter name. Sessions will be provided LIVE via GoToWebinar and will be recorded. Session recordings and many other study materials, including practice exams, are available to APA members from a Dropbox site run by the Chapter.
AICP Exam Study Webinars
Treasure Coast AICP Dropbox Site & AICP Exam Study Links
Susan Coughanour, FAICP, and Henry Bittaker, AICP, run AICP STUDY GROUP sessions for the Treasure Coast Section. These sessions are webcast live using GoToWebinar and the webcasts and other extensive study materials are made available on a Dropbox site. Please contact Henry Bittaker at email@example.com and provide your APA member number and state APA Chapter name in order to obtain a password and instructions on how to access the free Dropbox site. The Treasure Coast Section also maintains the Treasure Coast Study links that are updated. Click here to download the pdf.
2020 CPC Study Manual For AICP Exam Available
The new APA Chapter Presidents Council Study Manual for the AICP Certification Exam is now available as an online study manual for $15.
The new CPC study manual for the AICP exam addresses the following topics:
- History timeline, Planners, Planning Movements, Planning law cases, Planning Theory
- Planning research, Spatial analysis, Public engagement, Plan implementation, Project and Program Management, Social Equity
- Comprehensive and Sectoral Planning, Capital Improvements Planning, Fiscal Analysis
- Growth Management, Regional Planning, Coastal Zone Management, Tribal Planning
- Current planning, Sustainability planning, Transportation planning, Economic Development, Housing, Health
- Leadership, Administration and Management
- Planning Ethics