Lara Bouck, AICP, PE (Candidate for Vice-President of Continuing Education)
- Sr. Transportation Planner/Engineer with MetroPlan Orlando. Support the Transportation System Management & Operations Transportation (TSM&O) program, concentrating on leveraging technology-based strategies to improve safety and reliability of the existing transportation system in Central Florida.
- Detail-driven transportation professional with more than 18 years of progressively responsible experience as a transportation planner and engineer.
- Master of Science in Urban and Regional Planning. Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL. May 2004
- Bachelor of Science in Materials Science and Engineering. Northwestern University, Evanston, IL. June 2002
APA Florida/APA Experience:
- APA Florida Chapter Secretary, 2018-Present. Committees: Bylaws (2018-Present, Chair), Editorial (2018-Present), EDI (2021-Present)
- FPC Host Committee, 2020 and 2022: Mobile Tours (co-chair) and Programs subcommittees
- APA Task Force for AICP Exam Recertification 2021-Present
- Orlando Metro Section: 1st Vice President, 2013-2017, At-Large Director, 2012
- FPC Host Committee, 2012: Programs and Logistics subcommittees
My time on the APA Florida board has been incredibly inspiring and educational as I’ve gained a deeper understanding of the benefits available to APA members and gotten to learn from and work with dedicated planners from around the state. The most recent update to the Chapter bylaws, approved in Fall 2021, contemplates an exciting re-imagining of the role I am campaigning for – from VP of Certification Maintenance to VP of Continuing Education. Meaning that in addition to continuing to ensure that our members have plentiful access to CM opportunities throughout the year, this position will also develop and oversee continuing education opportunities for ALL of our Chapter members – both AICP and non-AICP. I think this was a much-needed expansion for this role.
The Chapter’s current Strategic Operating Plan lays out a variety of tasks to support the goal of expanding and diversifying opportunities to develop the professional skills of planners at all levels statewide, including partnering with our excellent state universities and allied professional colleagues to identify learning opportunities based on their research and planning-related work, and researching alternative technologies to provide both CM and non-CM professional development. I relish the opportunity to continue working with the dedicated APA Florida staff, executive committee, and Section leaders to dive into this work and help the Chapter best serve our members with frequent, easily-accessible opportunities for high-quality education and professional development.
I am enthusiastic about the planning profession and how we can work together to improve our communities. I believe that my experience and proven commitment to APA Florida and the planning profession will continue to be an asset to the organization. I would be honored to continue serving the membership of APA Florida as VP of Continuing Education and, if elected, thank all who vote for me in advance.