Amy Elmore, AICP (Candidate for Vice-President of Communications)
- Communications & Outreach Program Manager – Forward Pinellas, Mar 2020 - Present
- Document Compliance Specialist – Pasco County Government, Jan 2020 - Mar 2020
- Planner II: Communications Coordinator – Pasco County Government, Aug 2018 - Jan2020
- Planner I – Pasco County Government, 2017 - 2018
- American Institute of Certified Planners, 2021
- Master’s Degree in Digital Forensics – University of Central Florida, 2017
- BS in Information Technology – Middle Georgia State University, 2013
APA Florida/APA Experience:
- APA Florida Sun Coast Section, Vice Chair, current
- APA Florida Editorial Committee, Member, current
- APA Florida Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Member, current
- APA Florida Mentor a Planning Student (MAPS), Mentor, current
- APA Women and Planning Division, Member, current
- APA Florida Sun Coast Section, Pasco Area Director, 2019-2021
I am truly honored to be nominated for the position of Vice President of Communications with APA Florida. I enjoy working with a team to find innovative solutions while using my skills in digital storytelling to promote an agency and build relationships with the community, media, and stakeholders in an effort to enhance the quality of life for everyone.
My passion is providing equitable, accurate and timely information to people so they can make informative decisions. I love telling the story of the our APA Florida members and providing unique opportunities for professional development. I have acquired in-depth communications proficiency with expert knowledge in creating websites, digital stories, original video and graphic content, various writing styles and explaining technical knowledge to non-professionals. My commitment to personal and professional excellence, and my educational leadership and communication skills give me great confidence in my ability to become a valuable part of the APA Florida team.
As a side note, my favorite planning-related song is "Midnight Train to Georgia" by Gladys Knight & the Pips. I appreciate your consideration and look forward to working on behalf of all our incredible APA Florida members.