Allara Mills Gutcher, AICP (Candidate for President-Elect)
Over 25 year’s professional planning experience in both the public and private sectors.
- Managing Principal, The Planning Collaborative (2011 – present)
- Planning and Community Development Director, Gadsden County
- Manager, Planning Services, City of Panama City
- Senior Planner I – PBS&J (now Atkins)
- Planner I, II, and III – Bay County Board of County Commissioners
- University of Oklahoma, Masters of Regional and City Planning
- Florida State University, Bachelor of Science
APA Florida/APA Experience:
- Vice President of Certification Maintenance, APA Florida (2016 – 2018)
- Treasurer, APA Florida (2008 – 2012 and again 2016 - 2018 and 2020 -present)
- APA Florida Legislative Policy Committee (2006 – 2008)
- APA Florida Delegate – APA National Conference (2007)
- APA Florida Executive Committee (2002 – 2004, 2008 – 2012, 2016 – 2018, 2020-present)
- APA Florida Marketing Committee (2002 – 2006)
- Chair-Elect, Chair, then Immediate Past Chair, Emerald Coast Section of APA Florida (2001 – 2006)
Other Professional Representation:
- Team Member, American Institute of Architects, R/UDAT Kamas, UT (November 2019)
Importantly, I would like to take this opportunity to thank each of you for allowing me to serve you over the years. I have enjoyed my time working in various positions on the Executive Committee, beginning at the Section leadership level and growing into Treasurer over the years and also as VP of Certification Maintenance. I have thoroughly enjoyed working for you, and now I seek to help our organization grow and continue to be the foremost respected organization for professional land use planners.
I have been serving on the Executive Committee of APA Florida for the past several years. I now seek to represent you as President-Elect. In this role I will bring our past experiences forward, using our history for the betterment of our organization. I will continue to promote and support you as planners not only within our organization, but outward as well. I will drive to remain fiscally responsible so that we remain financially sound and are able to continue services such as the annual conference, the annual Public Policy Workshop, and importantly taking care of our staff at the Chapter office. The challenges to our financial situation over the years due to the economic downturn and more recently COVID has taught me valuable lessons I am able to carry forward.
I bring to this position a wealth of experience and knowledge of the Chapter’s past several years activities. I will promote the initiatives that we have worked toward, and look to you for input regarding how we can better serve our membership. I am requesting your vote for election so that I can continue to serve in the new capacity of President-Elect. With my years of experience and institutional knowledge, I am confident that I am the best candidate for this position.