Ali Palmer (Candidate for Vice-President of Section Affairs)
- Kimley-Horn and Associates, Tallahassee - Senior land use planner from 2019 – 2022
- Urban Design Kilday Studios, West Palm Beach - Senior land use planner from 2015 – 2019
- Cotleur & Hearing, Inc., Jupiter - Planning Manager from 2004 – 2014
- 2010: Florida Atlantic University, Master of Urban & Regional Planning (MURP)
- 2003: Florida State University, Bachelor of Science in Social Science and Political Science
APA Florida/APA Experience:
- APA Florida Hurricane Michael Task Force Chair - Current
- APA Florida Conference Committee Member - Current
- 2020 – Current: Capital Area Section Vice Chair
- 2017 – 2019: Treasure Coast Section Chair
- 2013 – 2017: Treasure Coast Section Vice Chair
- 2011 – 2013: Treasure Coast Section Board Member at Large
Being nominated to run for VP of Section Affairs is a real honor. During my experience as a Section Chair I have seen this role filled by some very big shoes, by members who have a real passion for supporting each of the Sections in Florida. I like to think that I was nominated for the same reason. I have served on two different Section boards (Treasure Coast and Capital Area) for over a decade and realize how important it is to have good leadership in the VP Section Affairs role. Our members who serve on the Section boards serve as volunteers; it should not be a full-time second job. It is the VP’s responsibility to ensure that that Section board members have the tools and support they need to serve their local members so that their members get the most from their APA membership. It is my goal as the VP of Section Affairs to ensure that Section board members have a positive and fulfilling experience, an experience that they are willing to do again in the future and hopefully one day at the State level.
I am conveniently living and working in Tallahassee, just down the street from the APA Florida office. I am proud to be a planner, a volunteer and an APA Florida member. I am running for an Executive Committee position because I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to further collaborate with members from across the State and to increase the value of the APA membership. It would be an honor to serve you, our membership, as your VP of Section Affairs.