Planning & Zoning Manager
City of North Miami Beach
North Miami Beach, FL United States
Reporting to the Community Development Director, supervises activities enforcing land use regulations, codes, and ordinances for planning and development. Oversees studies, collecting and analyzing data for application to the City's comprehensive plan. Enhances the City's built environment through practical application of the Land Development Code and all applicable zoning and code regulations. Manages the Division, its’ employees, and consultants. Maintains standards set upon the division and the position through effective mentoring, instruction, assigning, and review of the work of others. Performs related duties, including site plan and permit review, project inspections, design consultations and site visits.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, comprehensive planning, architectural design, public administration or related field with three to five years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Master’s degree in urban planning, architecture, public administration or related field.
- AICP certification, or CNU-Accredited, or LEED-AP, or AIA, or a combination of certifications/licenses.
- Bilingual (Spanish-English; French/Creole-English).
- Experience with implementing ERP software systems such as EnerGov, Munis, or others.