Orlando, FL United States
MetroPlan Orlando, the metropolitan planning organization for Orange, Osceola and Seminole Counties is seeking a Transportation Planner. This position works within the Department of Transportation Planning.
The Transportation Planner will provide assistance in transportation activities and assist on specialized projects as identified in the Unified Planning Work Program. Duties also include promoting public awareness of the current state of transportation issues and informing elected officials and the public on the current status of projects in progress.
Ideal candidates will have five+ years of Transportation Planning experience with some experience in Metropolitan Planning Organization work products including GIS, Travel Demand Modeling, & data analysis. Supervisory experience and experience in computerized statistical modeling preferred.
The Transportation Planner will:
- Assist in the preparation and periodic updating of Metropolitan Transportation Plan
- Assist Project Managers on project delivery and completion of tasks
- Act as a resource person for the region concerning matters of complete streets transportation planning
- Monitor and report socio-demographic growth and patterns
- Promote improved land use planning methods that are better integrated with transportation planning and public health activities
- Research, interpret, analyze and conceptualize information and data
- Serve on appropriate project advisory committees
- Respond to citizen inquiries; represent organization at various events, functions or meetings
- Assist in developing and maintaining positive working relationships with governmental agencies, transportation operating agencies, and the business community
- Assist with major transportation planning studies
- Provide staff support to the Technical Advisory Committee and various subcommittees
Master's degree in urban planning, Public Administration, transportation planning, or related field and one (3) year of experience or a Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of experience in transportation planning (may substitute an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience)
Salary & Benefits
The position offers a competitive salary and an excellent fringe benefits package. It is based in a beautiful downtown Orlando location with convenient access to the Church Street SunRail Station, nearby Lymmo Service, a Lynx bus stop at the front door, and secure bicycle and vehicle parking.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Director of Finance & Administration, MetroPlan Orlando, 250 South Orange Avenue, Suite 200, Orlando, FL 32801. Completion of a MetroPlan Orlando employment application form will be required of those selected for interview.
MetroPlan Orlando is an equal opportunity employer, a drug-free workplace, and a tobacco-free workplace. It is the policy of MetroPlan Orlando that all applicants selected for employment must sign an Affidavit for Non-Use of Tobacco Products in order to be hired by MetroPlan Orlando. The non-use of tobacco products must have been for a period of at least six months immediately preceding application for employment; and must be maintained and continued for the duration of employment with MetroPlan Orlando
This position will be open until filled however, first round of applications must be received by December 11, 2020.