Senior Supervising Planner
St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners
St. Augustine, FL United States
St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners is looking for a Senior Supervising Planner for our Growth Management department.
The Senior Supervising Planner is responsible for providing professional planning support and customer service supervision. This professional planning position is expected to work both independently and in team settings depending on the task at hand and reports directly to the Planning Division Manager under the guidance of the Growth Management Department.
The Senior Supervising Planner’s duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervising planners, reviewing planner work, reviewing applications for consistency with the Comprehensive Plan, Land Development Code and other regulations.
- May serve as liaison for various groups and organizations on planning, growth management and other development components.
- Reviews development applications for compliance with Land Development Code, Comprehensive Plan codes, State Statute and ordinances; provides guidance, and input through the web based application tracking system (WATS).
- Coordinates the research, preparation and presentation of staff reports for public hearings and other forums; schedules and advertises public hearings; assists county departments with data evaluation.
- Performs or directs research and drafts ordinances in consultation with the Planning Division Manager.
This is a full time position with a comprehensive benefits package.
Candidates may apply through St. Johns County Online Application System (OAS):
Applications and resumes must be submitted online, paper documents are not accepted.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Three to five years of progressively responsible experience required.
- Must be able to possess and maintain AICP certification within one year of hire.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license and any other endorsements necessary to legally operate vehicles used while assigned to this position.
NOTE TO APPLICANT:
St. Johns County is a drug free workplace and equal opportunity employer.
All employment actions are taken without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, handicap, disability, marital status, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.