Business Retention Manager
Indian River County Chamber of Commerce
Vero Beach, FL United States
This position works closely and directly with local businesses, primarily those within the county's targeted industries, promoting programs and opportunities that can assist and expand the county's existing industry base. A working knowledge of local, state and federal programs that benefit existing businesses is a key component to the success of this position. This is a new full-time salaried position, reporting to the Economic Development Director.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates industry site tours for school counselors, teachers and the general public.
- Works closely with community leaders in the development of program materials and management of programs, including the (tentative) Foreign Trade Zone program.
- With Chamber staff and committee volunteers, coordinates annual Industry Appreciation Awards event.
- Responds to client requests for information or proposals, including follow-up as needed.
- Manages activities of industry and/or program-related committees, including the Manufacturing Boot Camp program.
- Prepares monthly reports as part of the overall Economic Development report to the Chamber Board and Indian River County Board of County Commissioners.
- Assists in maintaining/updating economic development website and social media platforms as needed.
- BS/BA degree in Business Management, Administration, and/or Marketing.
- Strong communication skills, along with analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, graphics software, and appropriate social media platforms.
- Works autonomously as well as collaboratively, with strong organizational skills.
- Two to three years' experience in related position.
- Demonstrated progression in professional development and responsibilities.
- A desire to advance his/her career in the field of economic development or related field; pursuit of the CEcD or related professional certification is encouraged.
- Overnight travel will be required to attend conferences and seminars; reliable transportation is necessary.
- Public speaking to local organizations and/or governmental entities.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their resumes, including a cover letter, recent work history and professional references, by Friday, December 6, 2019 to: Helene Caseltine at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The Indian River County Chamber of Commerce is a private non-profit membership-based organization that serves as the primary economic development organization on behalf of the Board of County Commissioners.
The Indian River Chamber is an equal opportunity employer . All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.