Director of Community Development
City of Inverness
Inverness, FL United States
Director of Community Development performs under the direction of the City Manager and serves as chief administrator/planner to professionally work in Comprehensive Planning, Growth Management, Capital Improvement Planning, Land Development Code, Urban Planning and Economic Development.
The preferred candidate must willingly become imbedded in the community, be motivated, proactive, and have effective communication skills, who will look to the future to assist the City Manager in creating a better tomorrow.
The preferred candidate must possess a bachelor's degree in Urban Planning or closely related field. Master's Degree preferred, with experience of five (5) years or more in land use planning, five (5) years in supervisory role, and three (3) years of management experience as administrative head of a municipal (preferred) or county department.
- Perform, manage, prepare and administer the department budget and generally oversee the performance of personnel, manpower estimates, and functional units within the department.
- Direct the development of planning proposals to include: Comprehensive Plan map and text amendments, Land Development Code amendments, Zoning Map and text amendments, annexation and development plan review requests.
- Oversee/coordinate revisions to the comprehensive plan and land development regulations. Interprets comprehensive plan policies and land development code regulations and implements conditions accordingly.
- Serve as director of staff to the City's Planning and Zoning Board, Board of Adjustment, Code Enforcement Board, Community Redevelopment Board, Architectural Aesthetic Review Committee, and other planning related boards which may be established.
- Oversee/coordinates the City's Building Permit Office and review of development projects to include staff review and presentation to various boards and commissions.
- Oversee submittal of grant applications to various state and federal programs and grant administration.
Open until filled. Salary range: $75,000-$88,500 DOQ/E Competitive Benefits.
Submit resume, salary history and cover letter to: City of Inverness, Human Resources Coordinator, 212 W. Main Street, Inverness, FL, 34450. You may e-mail your resume, salary history and cover letter to sdensmore@Inverness-FL.gov or fax to (352) 726-0607. To review the entire job description and apply online please do so at: www.Inverness-FL.gov