2019 Minority Scholarship Applications Open
APA Florida is accepting applications for the 2019 Minority Scholarship through Oct. 31. This scholarship is meant to celebrate planning and foster increased interest in planning by providing financial support for planning students who are members of underserved ethnic groups. Two scholarships are offered: one for $2000 and one for $1500.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a member of one of the following underserved ethnic groups, as defined by the U.S. Census: Asian, Black, Hispanic, American Indian, Pacific Islander or Alaskan Native
- Be enrolled full time in a PAB accredited urban planning program or enrolled full time in a graduate urban planning program actively seeking PAB accreditation within the state of Florida during the semester in which the award is given
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Be able to document their need for financial assistance
- Intend to work as a practicing planner upon graduation in local, state, or federal government or for a planning consulting firm or a not-for-profit planning organization
Click here for the scholarship guidelines and application form. The deadline is 5 pm, Oct. 31. Please contact Alex Magee in the Chapter Office at email@example.com or 850-201-3272 if you have any questions.
Meet 2018's Minority Scholarship Winners
Diego Guerra and Ericha Stewart are the recipients of the 2018 APA Florida Minority Scholarships. Diego and Ericha will receive $2,000 and $1,500, respectively, to ward apply toward education expenses. Meet these two exceptional future planning leaders.