2020 Call for FAICP Nominations
DO YOU KNOW A SOMEONE IN THE PLANNING INDUSTRY WHO HAS MADE CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE PLANNING PROFESSION AND MADE A POSITIVE IMPACT IN THE COMMUNITY?
They may be eligible for nomination as a Fellow of the American Institute of Certified Planners (FAICP).
The Executive Committee of the APA Florida Chapter is seeking input regarding potential nominations for the 2020 College of Fellows of the American Institute of Certified Planners.
The minimum requirements for eligibility as a Fellow include:
- Member of AICP for at least 15 years (at time of nomination deadline, October 10, 2019).
- Member of AICP in good standing (dues paid, CM requirements up to date, and no ethical violations).
- Outstanding contribution to the profession over an extended period of time.
There are certain criteria that all AICP members should achieve as outlined in the AICP Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct. Additionally, in order to qualify for Fellow status, the nominee must exhibit, and the nomination submission must document:
- Exceptional and sustained leadership.
- Innovation and excellence.
- A legacy for his/her profession, community and society.
- Exceptional accomplishments in planning over an extended period of time.
Qualified individuals may be elected to the AICP College of Fellows under one of the four nomination categories:
- Professional Practice
- Teaching and Mentoring
- Community Service & Leadership
To learn more about the College of Fellows and the nomination process, please go to the FAICP website at planning.org/faicp/nomination/.
Please submit the name of anyone who you believe meets the qualifications stated above along with a brief statement of why you think this person meets the criteria above and the individual’s biography/resume, by Monday, April 8. Please submit this information to the APA Florida Chapter Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: APA Florida, 2017 Delta Blvd., Suite 201, Tallahassee, FL 32303.