2022 Award for Best EDI Workplace
This award recognizes one private-sector, public-sector, or non-profit organization that is engaged in the planning profession in Florida and demonstrates achievement and commitment to expanding equity, diversity, and inclusion in Florida’s planning profession. For this award, diversity should be interpreted broadly, including age, race, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, and/or veteran status.
The 2022 Award for Best EDI Workplace will be presented during the Florida Planning Conference, Sept. 6 – 9 in Orlando.
ELIGIBILITY: Nomination will be accepted from a manager, director or corporate officer of the organization. Organization must operate in Florida.
- Diversity of employees
- Diversity of management
- Equity/inclusion practices. Ex. hiring and recruitment, promotional criteria, pay equity; mentoring initiatives, affinity groups, awareness efforts.
- Budgeted or pro bono service to underresourced communities, community or student associations, and/or educational institutions
- Other efforts to promote a culture of inclusion and belonging
General Submission Information For Best EDI Workplace Award:
Nominations must be submitted electronically to the APA Florida Chapter Office. Each award nomination must include the following:
Submittal letter summarizing the major points of the application, identifying a point of contact for the application, and signed by a manager, director, or corporate officer.
Narrative addressing all criteria with specific examples of how each criterion is met, as well as 3 to 5 high-resolution graphics.
Optional Supporting documents, such as budgets, trend data, newsletter articles, press releases, links to videos or websites, brochures, and event flyers
Letters of support:
- up to three (3) one-page letters of support from communities, associations, educational institutions, and/or groups cited in the application.
- Letters should be addressed to: Chairman Leadership Awards Jury.
- Letter(s) should offer support for the value of the nominated effort.
- Letter(s) may not be written by the nominator of the submission.
The total application should be no more than 25 pages in length.
NOTE: APA Florida reserves the right to use information or graphics from awarded applications for awards program, website, social media, or newsletter publication.